Changes to Laurier's Administrative Team
Please read the attached letter with regards to changes in Laurier's administrative team for the fall. Click here to read the letter.
Lyme Disease Warning from Toronto Public Health
Parents are encouraged to read the attached letter from the Medical Officer of Health for the City of Toronto. Click here for the letter.
Pupil Accommodation Review letter. . .IMPORTANT - Change of dates
Parents are encouraged to read the letter from Laurier CI's Superintendent of Education regarding the upcoming Pupil Accomodation Review. This letter contains important UPDATED information on how to be involved in this process that could greatly affect our school. Click here to read the letter.
Laurier Mission Statement
Sir Wilfrid Laurier C.I. is committed to fostering a caring, challenging and safe environment that nurtures the intellectual, personal, physical and social potential of its students. This potential is encouraged by a learning atmosphere that supports global concern and understanding, mutual respect, fairness and cooperation among students, staff and the local, national and international communities. Our school will strive to accomplish this by providing:
- An atmosphere conducive to academic and personal success.
- A positive attitude toward lifelong learning and the development of an inquiring mind.
- An environment contributing to self-worth, self-esteem, equal opportunity and dignity for the individual.
- A setting where mutual consideration and tolerance are expected.
- Through emphasis on character education we encourage the development of committed and concerned global citizens.
- A commitment to the importance of self-discipline, responsibility, a healthy lifestyle and respect for the environment.
IB Diploma Programme
The IB Diploma Programme (DP) is an academically challenging and balanced programme of education that prepares students for success at university and life beyond. It has been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students. The programme has gained the recognition and respect from the world’s leading universities.
Students acquire breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, studying courses from six subject groups. The Diploma Programme prepares students for effective participation in a rapidly evolving and increasingly global society as they:
- develop the skills and a positive attitude towards learning that will prepare them for higher education
- study at least two languages and increase understanding of cultures, including their own
- make connections across traditional academic disciplines and explore the nature of knowledge through the programme’s unique theory of knowledge course
- undertake in-depth research into an area of interest through the lens of one or more subject disciplines in the extended essay
- enhance their personal and interpersonal development through creativity, action and service.
International Baccalaureate Organization