Semester 2 Interim Report Cards will be sent home with students on Thursday, March 6, 2014.
Parent Interviews will be held on Thusday, March 20, 2014 from 6:00 to 8:30pm. Parents wishing to speak to a teacher must book an appointment through the online booking service. Your opportunity to request an appointment begins Thursday, March 6 at 4:00pm and will end Tuesday, March 18 at 11:00pm.
Laurier's Mission Statement
Sir Wilfrid Laurier C.I. is committed to fostering a caring, challenging and safe environment that nurtures the intellectual, personal, physical and social potential of its students. This potential is encouraged by a learning atmosphere that supports global concern and understanding, mutual respect, fairness and cooperation among students, staff and the local, national and international communities.
Our school will strive to accomplish this by providing:
- An atmosphere conducive to academic and personal success.
- A positive attitude toward lifelong learning and the development of an inquiring mind.
- An environment contributing to self-worth, self-esteem, equal opportunity and dignity for the individual.
- A setting where mutual consideration and tolerance are expected.
- An emphasis on character education by encouraging the development of committed and concerned global citizens.
- A commitment to the importance of self-discipline, responsibility, a healthy lifestyle and respect for the environment.
International Baccalaureate Programme
The International Baccalaureate Diploma identifies a student as one who has accepted the challenge, engaged it, and succeeded based upon an international standard. Central to the International Baccalaureate Programme is the "Learner Profile", which provides a long-term vision of education.
Success in the International Baccalaureate Programme requires ability, self-motivation, organization, commitment and interest. Students must be able to balance academic responsibilities with participation in extracurricular activities, and community service.
At Sir Wilfrid Laurier C.I., the International Baccalaureate students have numerous opportunities to develop and enhance the characteristics that comprise the IB Learner Profile through meeting the challenges of the rigorous academic programme, fulfilling the requirements of the Central Components of the Hexagon (CAS, EE and TOK) and participating in numerous leadership, artistic and athletic initiatives.